Thursday 22 January 2009

Corporation

Played a game of Corporation over the last two evenings; getting back into it in anticipation of the launch of the new rule books.

Mission Report :20.01.2509

The Solo Affair

Report from Operative Tara Chang

Background: Tara Chang is an Ai-Jinn Investigator Operative. A gennie (genetic construct), she has increased HP.

Mission: Investigate EI Facility Delta Five-Seven on the outskirts of the Catalan Spire Complex.

From the outside the Facility was a featureless concrete cube, with only a single entrance off-set to one side. There were no apparent security devices. The door was the pushbutton type and opened to a large room containing several tables and chairs, with a vending machine on the left wall. Sitting at a table was a mook wearing a techs coverall; he looked up when I entered but then ignored me. I reasoned that his coverall and ID badge could be useful so, walking past him I jabbed the tazer into his neck. I tied him with his shirt, gagged him then carried him round the side of the building.
Back inside, found what appeared to be an empty storeroom and a diamond shaped room with three exits. Went left, large room with a 1m high dias flanked by tables. Not sure what this room was used for. On floor under table, credit chip showing 1000c (!) LH door opened and mook tech came in, carrying a short sword in a case. Asked me if I was waiting for this, “No” I replied. He shrugged and went through the door I had entered from. Through RH door into corridor, through another door into a T-shaped room with desks and computer terminals. Would have liked to have examined these more, but there was a guard here (wearing black uniform, cap and flack jacket. Noted he had a tazer and a kinetic pistol). Acknowledging him (I always work on the theory “ Act like you belong here”), I crossed over to the opposite door. Ah … dead end. Room with table and two chairs, no other exits (interrogation room?). Back in the other room, the guard eyed my ID badge but made no other move as I went through the door next to him. Short corridor led to room with more desks and computer terminals, two other exits. Started to cross it; too late I saw the laser scanning system up near the ceiling.

ATTENTION! POSSIBLE INTRUDER IN BUILDING!

Short corridor led to a briefing room, 2m dias with steps up to desk and chair, projection screen on one wall. No other exits. Exit back to previous room, encounter two guards who check my ID. Yet again my Lying and Acting gets me past them; but my luck is not going to hold. I’ve established that this is probably the base for an EI Division; the lack of personnel indicating that they are out on a Mission. Time to exit. I assumed that the guards had deactivated the laser scan but I was wrong, an alarm began to sound somewhere. A door led to an octagonal room with chairs in a semicircle around a projection screen (training room?) Room beyond was an office with desks and cabinets. Two guards here, my ID was checked again; they are obviously suspicious. I thought about taking them out but my forte is stealth operations and I prefer not to initiate combat if I can help it. Right hand door led back to the diamond-shaped room I has been in before; so I knew I could get out.

ATTENTION! INTRUDER IN BUILDING! ALL SECTION HEADS CHECK ID

Risked one more look-round. Bad call! Ran into three guards, who immediately initiated combat: -
“That’s her! Take her alive”

I activated my shield and double tapped Guard 1. The other guards activated shields and returned fire. The room was a storeroom with a moderate degree of cover, but soon my shield was down and I was taking hits. The guards were well trained, always moving and firing two shots at a time. Guard 1 was down so I changed tactics, keeping a suppression fire on Guard 3, I closed with Guard 2 and took them down with the tazer. I then double-tapped Guard 3 and took out Guard 2 with a headshot. I grabbed his ion shield and two SMART clips and headed for the exit, as I was badly wounded.

INTRUDER ARMED AND DANGEROUS. SHOOT TO KILL

Exited facility, made it to exit point.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aftermath
Total information gained 6 pts. Facility Delta Five-seven appears to be a Division base. Also gained was credit chip worth 1000c, two SMART clips and a 10 pt ion shield.

Operative Chang is awarded 2 x.p and 1 Rank Point. Pay is 700c with no Performance Bonus.

No comments: